Port Askaig, Isle of Islay PA46 7RR
Current Owners Burn Stewart Distillers
Water source River Margadale.
Stills 2 x wash stills and 2 x spirit stills
Capacity per year 2,500,000 Litres
1881 Distillery established.
1887 Merged with W. Grant & Co (Glenrothes) to create the Highland Distilleries Co Ltd.
1930 Distillery closed
1937 Distillery reopened
1963 Distillery expanded and a second pair of stills added.
1982 Distillery closed
1984 Distillery reopens
1999 Edrington Group took over and mothballed the distillery apart from a few weeks of production per year
2003 The distillery was sold to Burn Stewart