Isle of Islay, Argyllshire PA43 7GS
Current Owners Morrison Bowmore Distillers Ltd (Suntory)
Water source Laggan River.
Stills 2 x wash stills and 2 x spirit stills
Capacity per year 2,000,000 Litres
1779 Distillery founded by John Simpson on the shores of Lochindaal.
1852 W & J. Mutter acquired the distillery.
1925 Sold to Sherrif’s Bowmore Distillery.
1950 Taken over by William Grigor & Sons Ltd.
1963 Sold to Stanley P. Morrison.
1994 Morrison Bowmore Distillers Ltd became part of Suntory of Japan.