Cawdor, Nairn, Nairnshire, IV12 5QY
Current Owners John Dewar & Sons Ltd
Water source The Cowdor Burn.
Stills 2 x wash stills and 2 x spirit stills
Capacity per year 2,500,000 Litres
1812 Established by Captain William Fraser
1835 Added “Royal” to distillery name of Brackla, having been given the royal warrant.
1852 Robert Fraser takes the reins
1898 Brackla Distillery Co Ltd
1943 Came into Scottish Malt Distillers Ltd. (SMD) hands via previous owner (John Bisset & Co)
1970 Stills increased from 2-4