Invererne Road, Forres, Morayshire, IV36 3EB
Current Owners Gordon & MacPhail
Water source Chapeltown springs near Forres.
Stills 1 x wash still and 1 x spirit still
Capacity per year 500,000 Litres
1898 Established by F.W. Brickman (Spirit broker from Leith) and Duncan McCallum (Glen Nevis distillery).
1907 Run by McCallum.
1910 Re-opened after WW1 by Benromach Distillery Ltd.
1931 Silent for the next 6 years.
1938 Sold to Train & McIntyre (part of Associated Scottish Distillers Ltd).
1953 Distiller Company Ltd (DCL) acquire Train & McIntyre and control of Benromach passes to Scottish Malt Distillers Ltd. (SMD).
1974 Two stills installed.
1983 Closed and production equipment dismantled.
1993 Purchased by Gordon & MacPhail.
1997 Renovation work commences.
1998 Two stills commissioned and installed.
1998 October 15th – Official re-opening of Benromach Distillery by HRH The Prince of Wales.
1999 Malt whisky Centre opens.